If you have bought the latest HP printer and want to connect your mobile device or computer over Wi-Fi,
Perform the following steps:
- Open the printer’s control panel and turn on Wi-Fi Direct.
- On your Smartphone, Laptop or computer, ensure that Wi-Fi is on.
- Connect to Wi-Fi Direct the same way you would for any other wireless network.
- Find the Wi-Fi Direct name and enter Wi-Fi password.
- Install the printer software or HP Smart app on your computer or mobile device.
- In the printer software, choose Wireless for the connectivity option.
- For mobile devices, you’ll need to install the latest version of the HP printer plug-in application.
- On installation of the HP Smart app, tap the “+” icon to install a new printer.
- If using the HP printer software, chose to Connect a new printer.
- After setting up the connection, you will see two printer icons in the printer’s folder for the HP printer. The printer icon labelled Network is the Wi-Fi Direct printer driver.
On successful connection of printer you can print document. To print document you have to select the printer before click on print.